Human Anatomy is a basic science subject that is important in general practice, diagnostic radiology, emergency medicine and surgery. Hence special care is taken towards training students in the applied aspects of anatomy. Learning is made easier as well as interesting by the use of a latest 3D anatomy software.
Aim of the department is to instill excellent knowledge of anatomy relevant to the dental students. To achieve that, all branches of anatomy are taught using various teaching modalities including the latest 3D anatomy software installed in the lecture hall. Then gross anatomy knowledge is enriched by the demonstration of dissected specimens in the dissection hall. Histology is reinforced by the demonstration of slides during practical classes.
Anatomy faculties also deliver guest lectures to physiotherapy & nursing students of Sri Ramakrishna institute of paramedical sciences.
To equip the students with excellent knowledge of head and neck anatomy & basic regional anatomy
- Has 15 dissection tables, dissected specimens and cadaver
- Besides the lectures gross anatomy is taught through demonstration of dissected specimens, models, charts and bones
- Has 50 microscopes
- Microscopic structure of various tissues and organs is taught by lectures and demonstration of histology slides during practical sessions
- Has mounted gross specimens, embryology specimens, models, individual skull bones, cervical vertebrae and skeletons
- Has over 120 text books for reference