Dr. S M Nachammai MSc (Medical Microbiology), Ph.D
- Ph.d, Medical Microbiology from SBV University, Pondicherry 2020
- M.Sc, Medical Microbiology from SRM University, Chennai in 2010
- PGD in Microbial Bitotechnology from Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore in 2009
- B.Sc, Microbiology from Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore in 2007
- Tutor in Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences Research, Coimbatore from 01.12.2012 to 31.07.2016
- Tutor in Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai from 13.09.2016 to 21.01.2021
- Reader & Head in Sri Ramakrishna Dental college and hospital from 22.02.2021 till date
RESOURCE PERSON- INSPECTION/EXAMINER/ PANELLIST /INVITED SPEAKER/ PAPER SETTING
- External Examiner – , MLT (SRM University) on 21.08.2018
SEMINARS /CONFERENCES PRESENTED
- Poster presentation on “Molecular characterization of surface adhesins of Uropathogenic Escherichia coli”, in SRM Dental College and Hospital, Chennai in 2017.
- Poster presentation on “Genotypic characterization of toxins and iron acquisition agent as a virulence factor of Uropathogenic Escherichia coli” in CIDSCON 2018 Conference, CMC Vellore in 2018.
- Paper presentation on “Genotypic and phenotypic expression of ESBL genes in Uropathogenic Escherichia coli” in International Microbiology Conference, Srilanka in 2018.
SKILL ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM
- Critical appraisal of Scientific Research in 2018
- CBCS – Choice Based Credit System programme in 2019
- IPR Copyright workshop in 2019
- Medical Laboratory – IA & QMS as per ISO15189 in 2020
- Diagnosis of Pulmonary Tuberculosis using conventional smear microscopy and culture methods in a tertiary care hospital. Int. J. Life Sci. Res. 2014; 3(1): 67-72.
- A Laboratory follow up study of Pulmonary Tuberculosis patients under DOTs programme in a tertiary care hospital. J. Biological Sci. 2014.
- Hyper Eosinophilic IgE syndrome – a rare case report, J. Cur. Res. 2015; 7(8): 19562-3.
- Spectrum of Microbial keratitis in a tertiary care hospital, Int. J. Health Sci. Res. 2015; 5(6): 573-6.
- Prevalence of multi-drug resistant Proteus species from isolates of urine and pus with their antibiogram, International journal of Scientific research, 2015;4(8) 223 – 5.
- A rare case report of Intestinal Hymenolepiasis and Ascariasis double infection in a symptomatic immuno-competent host from South India, Int. J. Med. Sci. Clin. Inv., 2015;2(11).
- The effectiveness of antibiotics against a major uropathogen Escherichia coli and its biofilm assay by phenotypic methods. Int J Res Med Sci. 2016; 4(11): 4820-8.
- Haemagglutination and Resistance to the Bactericidal Activity of Serum as the Urovirulence Markers of Uropathogenic Escherichia coli. Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 2016; 5(9): 514-23.
- A study of extended spectrum β-lactamase (ESBL) producing Klebsiella from pus & urine samples from a tertiary care medical college hospital in Coimbatore. Int. J. Mult. Dis. Res. 2016;3(6):262-6
- Molecular characterization of surface adhesins of Uropathogenic Escherichia coli from patients in a tertiary care hospital. Int. J. Adv. Res. 2018;5(11): 818-23
- Bacteria or Caketeria ?!!?. Int. J. new technol. Res. 2018;4(1): 42- 4
- Fungal Sinusitis – A clinical approach. Int.J.of App.Res. 2018;8(3): 52-3
- Vinegar – as an antibiofilm agent against the biofilm of UPEC. Int.J.Adv.Inn.Res. 2018;7(9): 1-5
- Genotypic characterization of toxins and iron acquisition agent as virulence factor of uropathogenic Escherichia coli. Int. J. Adv. Res. 6(11), 827-30.
- Comparison of Genotypic and Phenotypic expression of Adhesins – P fimbriae and Type 1 fimbriae in Uropathogenic Escherichia coli, Int.J. Rec. Sci. Res. 2018; 9(12): 30140- 5
- Phenotypic Screening and Genotypic characterization of Extended Spectrum Beta Lactamase producing genes blaTEM, blaSHV, blaCTX-M among Uropathogenic Escherichia coli, Int.J.of Cur. Res. 2018; 10(12): 76643-7
- The Dr Family adhesins – afimbrial adhesin gene in Uropathogenic Escherichia coli from patients suspected with urinary tract infection, Int.J.Adv.Res.2019; 7(3): 202-5.
- The activity of table vinegar against the biofilm producing by Escherichia coli. J.of Med.Sci.and Adv.Cli.Res.2019;2(2):64-8.
- Prevalence of Uropathogenic Specific Protein and Beta Glucuronidase of UPEC in relation to Symptomatic UTI And Asymptomatic Bacteriuria. RJPBCS, 2019; 10(5): 190-4.