Dr. S Nathiya M.sc (Pharmacology), Ph.D
- B.Sc – Advanced zoology and biotechnology from Sri Vasavi Arts & Science College affiliated to Bharathiyar university, Coimbatore in 2008
- M.Sc – Pharmacology (Faculty of Medicine) from Dr.ALM PG Institute of Basic Medical Science affiliated to University of Madras, Taramani, Chennai in 2011
- Ph.D – Pharmacology (Faculty of Medicine) from Vinayaka Mission University, Salem in 2017
- Tutor in Vinayaka Mission Kirupananda variyar Medical college, Salem from 01.08.2011 to 31.03.2016
- Lecturer in Sri Ramakrishna Dental College and Hospital, Coimbatore from 01.04.2016 to 31.01.2021
- Reader &HOD in Sri Ramakrishna Dental College and Hospital, Coimbatore from 01.02.2021 to till date
- Awarded for Best Performance– Faculty for the year academic 2017-2018 & 2018-2019
- Certificate of Excellence in Reviewing award– Indian journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology-2018
- Awarded DR.C.R. KRISHNAMURTHY MEMORIAL MEDAL for Environmental Toxicology (M.sc Pharmacology) for the year April 2011 in University of Madras .
- University First rank and Gold Medal in M. Sc Pharmacology (2008- 2011) in University of Madras.
- University Second rank in B.Sc Advanced Zoology and Bio Technology (2005- 2008) in Bharathiyar University
- Awarded a certificate of merit for BEST OUT GOING STUDENT for the academic proficiency for I & II B.Sc Advanced Zoology and Bio Technology for the year 2005-2007 in Sri Vasavi Arts & Science College, Erode.
ADVANCED SKILL ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM
- Health Research Fundamentals (NPTEL online certification) at ICMR-National Institute of Epidemiology in 2018.
- Introduction to professional scientific communication (NPTEL online certification) at ICMR-National Institute of Epidemiology in 2019.
BOOK CHAPTER CONTRIBUTION
- Treatment of Cancer (Book: Understanding Cancer Therapies) CRC Press, 2018.
- “Estimation of fluoride content in various drinking water sources available in Coimbatore and prevalence of dental caries and fluorosis”. VS.Mittrashree II BDS, 2019.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
M.Sc : Title: “INFLUENCE OF SALACIA OBLONGA ON ALUMINIUM INDUCED OXIDATIVE STRESS IN WISTAR ALBINO RATS”.
Ph.D : Title: “ EVALUATION OF HEPATOPROTECTIVE EFFECT OF HESPERIDIN AND ASCORBIC ACID ON DRUGS INDUCE HEPATOTOXICITY IN WISTAR ALBINO RATS”.
- Anticonvulsant effect of propronolol in maximum electro shock method induced convulsions in rats. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 2018; 1(4),656-659.
- Hesperidin alleviates antitubercular drug induced oxidative stress, inflammation and apoptosis in rat liver. International Journal of Biomedical Research, 2016: 7(7), 439-446.
- Hepatoprotective and antioxidant effect of Hesperidin against Isoniazid, Rifampicin and Pyrazinamide induced hepatotoxicity in rats. Journal of Pharmacy Research 2015,9(7),469-475.
- Colorectal cancer and its management: Review. Scigen Journal of Science and Technology,Volume 1; Issue 1; September 2015.
- Evaluation of antioxidant effect of salacia oblonga against aluminium chloride induced visceral toxicity in albino rats. International journal of basic and clinical pharmacology- 2014, vol 3, issue 2,315-319.
- Neuroprotective role of Salacia oblonga extract against aluminium chloride induced oxidative stress in rat cortex. International Journal of Pharmacy Research 2012, 5(8), 4344-4347.
- Evolutionary complexicity and complication, with age related changes in human vertebral column, Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Innovation; 2(10); 17-21, 2015.
- Evaluation of antioxidant activity of Salacia oblonga in Aluminium chloride induced oxidative stress in wistar albino rats. SRIPS conference.
CONFERENCE AND SYMPOSIUM ATTENDED
- National conference on biological science- Emerging challenges & issues (NCBCI 19) FEB 2019 Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science for Women, Coimbatore.
- International Conference on Physiology and Medicine 2014 at Periyar University, Salem.
- Annual conference of IABMS and National symposium on Role of Natural Resources in health care. 2013 at DR.ALMPGIBMS, University of Madras, Taramani.
- II National conference on basic medical science Vinbasix 2012 medgenetics at VMKV medical college, Salem.
- Annual conference of southern regional Indian pharmacological society-SRIPS 2012 at Chettinad medical college and research institute.
- Attended the national seminar on ‘‘CHALLENGES IN SPINAL CORD INJURY REPAIR ’’2011,at ALM PGIBMS, University of Madras, Taramani.
- National conference on Environmental studies and Biodiversity MAR 2010, Sri Vasavi College, Erode.
CONFERENCE AND SYMPOSIUM CONDUCTED
- II National conference on basic medical science Vinbasix 2012 medgenetics at VMKV medical college, Salem (Registration committee member).
- Discovering The Role Of Dental Educator, 16.2.2021&17.02.21, KSRIDSR, Erode. Webinar.
- Workshop on INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OCT 2019, SRDCH, Coimbatore.
- Workshop on Research methodology, MAR 2019, SRDCH, Coimbatore.
- ISO orientation sensitization program 5S & KAIZEN 2019.
- CDE- Sensitization and orientation workshop on Teacher Training and Research.FEB -19, SRDCH, Coimbatore.
- Workshop on biomedical waste management, FEB 2019, SRDCH, Coimbatore.
- 21st CENTURY Learning Methods, 2018, SRDCH, Coimbatore.
- Moodle workshop- Learning management system 2017
- ICMR sponsored National Level Workshop on INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, Dec, 2017 at Sri Ramakrishna College of arts and science, Coimbatore.
- Research methodology & ethical guidelines workshop, April 2013, VMKVMC, Salem.
- Basic course workshop in medical education technologies (MEU), 24.7.13-26.7.2013, VMKVMC, Salem.
- Internship at A to Z pharmaceutical company, 2010, Chennai.
- Cention N- “A New alternative to amalgam” SRDCH, Coimbatore, Dec, 2017.
- CME – SEPSIS JAN 2015, VMKV medical college, Salem.
- On Gestational Diabetes Mellitus, SEP 2011, VMKVMC, Salem.
- Newer drugs in management of Type 2 diabetes mellitus, VMKVMC, Salem.
BOARD OF EXAMINERS
- Examiner II BDS FEB 2020– JKKN DENTAL COLLEGE, ERODE
- Examiner II BDS AUG 2020-RVS DENTAL COLLEGE,COIMBATORE
- Examiner II BDS MAR 2019– JKKN DENTAL COLLEGE, ERODE
- Examiner II BDS FEB 2017– SRI RAMAKRISHNA DENTAL COLLEGE, ERODE
- Internship at A to Z pharmaceutical company, Chennai. 2010
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- National Msc Medical Teachers Association, 2014, Life member.
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY ACTIVITIES
- Reviewer Board member in Indian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology.
- Peer reviewer for European journal of medicinal plants.
- Peer reviewer for the Journal of pharmaceutical research international
- Worked as an Assistant Editorial member in National Journal Of Basic Medical Science.VMKVMC, Salem.